Who are the Friends?
The Friends of the Library are a group of volunteers dedicated to supporting the Mary C. Moore Public Library in whatever ways they can. In addition to the Friends Giving Program, they organize special events and projects. They also serve as Library advocates within the community.
Joining the Friends is a great way to connect with others who want to help make our library the best it can be. Please email Christina (email@example.com) if you would like to join.
The Friends Giving Program:
All donations, big and small, will help the Mary C. Moore Public Library serve our growing community.
There are several ways to contribute:
· Cash Donations- can be made at the Library's Circulation desk or by mailed cheque to Mary C. Moore Public Library, 101 5214 50 Ave, Lacombe, AB T4L 0B6 (made payable to Mary C. Moore Public Library)
· Memorial Gifts- are a thoughtful way to honour the memory of a relative or friend.
· Gifts by Will- provide a lasting legacy for future generations. Your bequest can be general, put to use where there is the greatest need, or be specific.
Official tax receipts are issued for all donations of $10 or more.
When you donate to the Friends Giving Program, community members of all ages benefit from your generosity. Here are ways in which your gift will be used:
· to develop or expand programs for youth, adults, and seniors
· to purchase new library materials
· to provide new equipment or resources (such as shelving)
· to host special events such as the award-winning Lacombe History Lecture Series